Thank you for playing our adult summer reading game, which ended on August 31.
Winners of the gift certificates will be notified in the next few weeks.
We'll be back in the summer of 2022!
Adults: Play Read 4 Life online on your computer or smartphone, by printing out the game card or by asking for a game card at your library.
How to play
Over the summer, complete any 4 of the activities listed on the game board OR play the summer reading game online using Beanstack.
You can choose to play online, or use a printed game board, but not both.
To play on Beanstack:
Download the Beanstack Tracker app:
Another way to play
If neither the online game or the game board works for you, you can still play. Starting June 16, write a list of four books you read or library events you attended, add your name, contact information and “Read 4 Life 2021,” then call us, mail it to us or drop it at any Multnomah County library by August 31, 2021. We’ll enter your name into the prize drawings. You can write your entry in any language.
When you complete the game, you can enter your name into a prize drawing for a $50 gift card. There are three types of gift cards: Fred Meyer, Starbucks or Powell’s Books.
When you've entered the drawing, you have completed the Read 4 Life challenge. Prize drawings will be held after September 1, 2021.
- You may play the game only once.
- You can play the online Read 4 Life game or turn in a paper list, but not both.
- You can only win one prize maximum.
- This game is for adult readers. If you are in high school, we have a teen game just for you.
- The game ends August 31, 2021
- You must be a Multnomah County resident to qualify as a prize winner.
This year’s activities
- Visit our website or a Multnomah County Library
- Have someone read you a book or magazine
- Ask us a question, in person, by phone 503.988-5123 or online
- Listen to music or an audiobook
- Watch a movie or video. Find movies from the library.
- Read a memoir or biography
- Read a staff pick
- Explore the Library Writers Project
- Attend a library event
- Read with a child or read a young adult or children’s book. Read a magazine online
- Share a favorite recipe with someone or explore cookbooks
- Read a zine or graphic novel
- Read a book with characters who are neurodiverse or experience disabilities
- Read a book based on a true story
- Listen to new, local music
- Get involved: Volunteer or read a book about activism
- Read a book by an author of color
- Share what you’re reading with us on social media using @multcolib (Facebook and Twitter) or @MultnomahCountyLibrary (Instagram)
- Read a book set outside the U.S.
- Read a book that makes you laugh
- Read a mystery set in another country
- Get a book recommendation from a friend, library staff, or from My Librarian
- Describe a book you like to a friend
Read 4 Life is sponsored by The Friends of the Library.