Build a better world! Read every day, all summer long.
June 16–August 31, 2017
Read for fun and prizes this summer. Babies, kids, and teens are all welcome to play the Summer Reading game. And libraries have free live performances, maker programs, arts and crafts and more for all ages.
How to play (birth through grade 8)
- Sign up at any Multnomah County library (it’s free) to get a gameboard.
- Color in one space for each day you read or listen to a book, or do any of the fun activities on the gameboard, between June 16 and August 31, 2017.
- When you’ve marked at least 15 days (they don’t have to be in a row!), bring this gameboard to the library to choose a prize (available on or after June 30). Mark 15 more days for a second prize, again bringing the gameboard to the library (available on or after July 15).
- Mark 15 more days, 45 days total, and you’ve completed the game! Bring your gameboard to the library on or after July 30 to get a T-shirt (while supply lasts), coupons for Oaks Park, Oregon Ballet Theatre and Oregon Children’s Theatre, and an entry in the Grand Prize drawing! Claim your prizes by August 31, 2017.
How to play (teens entering grades 9-12)
- Come in to any Multnomah County library to get a gameboard (it’s free).
- Mark a space on a challenge card every time you read for an hour or do any of the challenge activities listed on the gameboard. And here are more.
- When you’ve filled your first card, you can bring it to the library and choose a coupon or entry in a drawing on or after June 30. Do the same with card 2 (prizes available starting July 15) and card 3 (prizes available starting July 30).
- When you have filled all three cards, you’ve completed the challenge! You’ll get coupons for Oaks Park, Oregon Ballet Theatre and Oregon Children’s Theatre, and an entry in the Grand Prize drawing! Claim your prizes by August 31, 2017.
Summer Reading is supported by gifts to The Library Foundation, a local nonprofit dedicated to our library's leadership, innovation and reach through private support.
A special thank you to media sponsors:
The 2017 Summer Reading Program would not be possible without the generous support of our community partners who donated thousands of prizes.
Chang's Mongolian Grill
Dutch Bros. Coffee
Family Fun Center & Bullwinkle's Restaurant
Finnegan's Toys & Gifts
Great Wolf Lodge
Green Bean Books
Gresham Skate World
Laserport – Y Not Have Fun
Mt. Hood Aquatic Center
My Masterpiece Art Studio
Oregon Coast Aquarium
Oregon State Fair
Posies Bakery & Cafe
River City Bicycles
Wingstop - EastPort Plaza