June 16 - August 31, 2022
Explore a world of reading, science and art activities with the Summer Reading game.
Read for fun and prizes this summer. Babies, kids and teens can play the Summer Reading game by starting a daily reading habit. In addition, the library will have lots of fun interactive online performances, storytelling, and arts and crafts for kids and families. It all kicks off June 16!
Kids of all ages can play online or on paper.
How to play
- Starting June 16, come to the library and pick up a gameboard or sign up online at Beanstack or download the mobile Beanstack App.
- Mark one space for each day you read or listen to a book, or do any of the fun activities, between June 16 and August 31, 2022.
- Each time you mark at least 15 days (they don’t have to be in a row!), come to the library to receive a prize. If you play on paper, fill out one of the cards on your gameboard and bring it with you.
- Once you have read 45 days total, you have completed the game! Come to the library (if you play on paper, bring your last card) on or after July 30 to receive a T-shirt and Prizes (while supplies last), and an entry in the Grand Prize drawing for your age level.
- Claim your prizes by August 31, 2022.
The Summer Reading program is supported by gifts to The Library Foundation.
Summer Reading Volunteers
Help people sign up for the game, award prizes, talk with people about books, and more.
Volunteers with the Summer Reading program:
- earn volunteer hours for school
- build confidence
- gain valuable skills to add to a resume or school application
- develop a professional reference
- have the chance to make new friends
- Entering 6th grade or higher next school year
- Available to work a 2-hour weekly shift for 8-9 weeks between June 16 and August 31
- Enjoy working with other people, including talking to kids and adults
- Responsible and dependable
- Able to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or receive an approved religious or medical exception from the vaccine.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.