Your Multnomah County Library card opens the door to a world of information and entertainment: books, e-books, movies, music downloads, CDs, audiobooks, online newspaper and magazine articles, library computers and more. All you need to get started is a library card. Library cards are free to residents of Multnomah County and many outlying areas.
New to the library? Fill out this form to get a library card.
- Please bring valid photo identification to register. If you registered online, you will be asked for ID when you come in to pick up your library card.
- If you are ages 13-17, you can show ID or have a parent or guardian sign for you.
- A parent or guardian must sign for anyone under age 13.
- Are you an educator? Teachers and educators may apply for educator library cards, special library cards to be used for educational purposes.
- Do you live outside Multnomah County?
- Learn more about fines and charges.
- Please contact Account Services with any questions.
Once you have your library card, you can sign up for My MCL.
Now available: 150th anniversary commemorative library cards
As part of the ongoing celebration of the library’s sesquicentennial, the library now has special 150th Anniversary commemorative library cards for a limited time. Best of all, you can keep your old library card number. If you've lost your card, a new card number will be issued. Just stop by your library today to pick one up.