Your Multnomah County Library card opens the door to a world of information and entertainment: books, e-books, movies, music downloads, CDs, audiobooks, online newspaper and magazine articles, library computers and more. All you need to get started is a library card. Library cards are free to residents of Multnomah County and many outlying areas.
New to the library? Get a library card.
You can complete your application and pick up your library card at any library location.
- Please bring valid photo identification.
- If you are ages 13-17, you can show ID or have a parent or guardian sign for you.
- A parent or guardian must sign for anyone under age 13.
- Are you an educator? Teachers and educators may apply for educator library cards, special library cards to be used for educational purposes.
- Do you live outside Multnomah County?
- Learn more about fines and charges.
- Contact us with any questions.
Once you have your library card, you can sign up for My MCL.