Educator library cards

Teachers, families who homeschool and other educators in the community can get library cards with extra holds, no late fines and more.

  • Six-week loan ​and renewal ​period​s
  • No late fines​
  • 40 holds
  • ​Clear fees for up to 2 lost items each year

Who can get an educator card?

Educators who live or teach in the library's service area:

  • Childcare
  • Preschool through college
  • Online academies
  • Homeschool
  • Community education
    • After-school services, such as YMCA, Boys and Girls Club and SUN programs
    • GED or literacy programs
    • Any programs that support learning

How to get an educator card

Visit a Multnomah County Library location with photo identification or contact us.

Contact us if you have any questions.