Free educational and cultural experiences
Visit local museums and cultural institutions for free with My Discovery Pass, available to Multnomah County Library cardholders.
How it works
- Reserve your pass. You may reserve one pass per venue per calendar year. You may reserve up to two passes at a time.
- Print your pass, or if allowed by the venue, view it on a mobile device. Once you print a pass, you cannot cancel the reservation. If you lose your print pass, you can simply re-print it (that's free at your local library).
- To cancel a pass that has not been printed, log in to My Discovery Pass and click "cancel pass." Passes expire immediately after the reservation date.
- If you don't use your pass or cancel your reservation, you will be able to make another reservation only under the terms and conditions set by the venue.
- Please bring your ID with your pass. Passes do not include free transportation or parking.
Passes donated by the following partners
Artists Repertory Theatre: Pass admits two adults. After reserving your pass, contact the Box Office to redeem tickets. Tickets are non-transferrable to different performance date nor ticket holder.
Hollywood Theatre: Pass admits two people to a regular priced screening. Excludes first-run movies, live performances, guest appearances, 70mm screenings, and other special events. Seating based on availability.
Lan Su Chinese Garden: Pass admits one person. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult with a pass or a ticket.
Literary Arts: Pass admits two adults.
Northwest Children’s Theater and School: Pass admits one person. After reserving your pass, call the box office at 503.222.2190, Option 1, to reserve your seat.
Northwest Film Center: Pass admits two people to a regular priced screening. Seating based on availability. Excludes film festivals including the Portland International Film Festival and Top Down.
Portland Art Museum: Pass admits two adults for general admission. Children 17 and under are always free.
Portland Opera: Pass admits two adults. After reserving your pass, contact the Box Office to redeem tickets. Tickets are non-transferrable to different performance date nor ticket holder.
You might not be able to see any passes available. Frequent reasons for this:
- No passes are currently available. Check back on the first of the month.
- You already have two pass reservations.
- You already got a pass from a venue(s) this year. Check back on January 1.
- No passes are currently available for your age.
Sometimes library cards are blocked. The most common reasons for this are:
- You have $20 or more in charges.
- You are trying to use a card from a different library as part of the library passport program.
- You might have just registered online and not picked up your library card at library location yet. You might have a student card.
- Feel free to contact us for answers.