Free educational and cultural experiences
Visit local museums and cultural institutions for free with My Discovery Pass, available to Multnomah County Library cardholders.
How it works
- Reserve your pass. You may reserve one pass per venue per calendar year. You may reserve up to two passes at a time.
- Print your pass, or if allowed by the venue, view it on a mobile device. Once you print a pass, you cannot cancel the reservation. If you lose your print pass, you can simply re-print it (that's free at your local library).
- To cancel a pass that has not been printed, log in to My Discovery Pass and click "cancel pass." Passes expire immediately after the reservation date.
- If you don't use your pass or cancel your reservation, you will be able to make another reservation only under the terms and conditions set by the venue.
- Please bring your ID with your pass. Passes do not include free transportation or parking.
Passes donated by the following partners
Artists Repertory Theatre: Pass admits two adults. After reserving your pass, contact the Box Office to redeem tickets. Tickets are non-transferrable to different performance date nor ticket holder.
Genealogical Forum of Oregon: Pass admits one person and covers full access to the library, its 50,000 holdings, and the subscription computer databases.
Hollywood Theatre: Pass admits two people to a regular priced screening. Excludes first-run movies, live performances, guest appearances, 70mm screenings, and other special events. Seating based on availability.
Lan Su Chinese Garden: Pass admits one person. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult with a pass or a ticket.
Literary Arts: Pass admits two adults.
Northwest Children’s Theater and School: Pass admits two people. After reserving your pass, call the box office at 503.222.2190, Option 1, to reserve your seats.
Northwest Film Center: Pass admits two people to a regular priced screening. Seating based on availability. Excludes film festivals including the Portland International Film Festival and Top Down.
Portland Art Museum: Pass admits two adults for general admission. Children 17 and under are always free.
Portland Center Stage at The Armory: Pass admits two people. After reserving your pass, contact the Box Office to redeem tickets. Tickets are non-transferrable to different performance date or ticket holder, and subject to availability.
Portland Columbia Symphony: Pass admits two people. After reserving your pass, call 503.234.4077 at least one week prior to the date on your pass to reserve your two General Admission tickets.
Portland Japanese Garden: Pass admits two adults (age 18 and up) and eight children (age 17 and under). Children 5 and under are always free. This pass is eligible for Garden admission only and does not include access to any ticketed events.
Portland Opera: Pass admits two adults. After reserving your pass, contact the Box Office to redeem tickets. Tickets are non-transferrable to different performance date nor ticket holder.
You might not be able to see any passes available. Frequent reasons for this:
- No passes are currently available. Check back on the first of the month.
- You already have two pass reservations.
- You already got a pass from a venue(s) this year. Check back on January 1.
- No passes are currently available for your age.
Sometimes library cards are blocked. The most common reasons for this are:
- You have $20 or more in charges.
- You are trying to use a card from a different library as part of the library passport program.
- You might have just registered online and not picked up your library card at library location yet. You might have a student card.
- Feel free to contact us for answers.