Free educational and cultural experiences
Visit local museums and cultural institutions for free with My Discovery Pass, available to Multnomah County Library cardholders.
How it works
- Reserve your pass. You may reserve one pass per venue per calendar year. You may reserve up to two passes at a time.
- Print your pass or view it on a mobile device. Once you print a pass, you cannot cancel the reservation. If you lose your print pass, you can simply re-print it (that's free at your local library).
- To cancel a pass that has not been printed, log in to My Discovery Pass and click "cancel pass." Passes expire immediately after the reservation date.
- If you don't use your pass or cancel your reservation, you will be able to make another reservation only under the terms and conditions set by the venue.
- Please bring your ID with your pass. Passes do not include free transportation or parking.
Portland Art Museum: Pass admits two adults for general admission. Children 17 and under are always free. Founded in late 1892, the Portland Art Museum is the seventh oldest museum in the United States and the oldest in the Pacific Northwest. The museum is internationally recognized for its permanent collection and ambitious special exhibitions, drawn from the museum’s holdings and the world’s finest public and private collections.
Literary Arts: Pass admits two adults. The mission of Literary Arts is to engage readers, support writers, and inspire the next generation with great literature.
Northwest Film Center: Pass admits two people to a regular priced screening. Seating based on availability. Excludes film festivals including the Portland International Film Festival and Top Down. The Northwest Film Center convenes film audiences and filmmakers in screenings, workshops, classes and festivals in Portland and around the Pacific Northwest. Housed within the Portland Art Museum, the Northwest Film Center screens some 400 films each year, including new world cinema, documentaries, classics and works by Northwest filmmakers.
Artists Repertory Theatre: Pass admits two adults. Contact the Box Office to redeem tickets. Tickets are non-transferrable to different performance date nor ticket holder. Artists Repertory Theatre’s mission is to produce intimate, provocative theatre and provide a home for artists and audiences to take creative risks.
You might not be able to see any passes available. Frequent reasons for this:
- No passes are currently available. Check back on the first of the month.
- You already have two pass reservations.
- You already got a pass from a venue(s) this year. Check back on January 1.
- No passes are currently available for your age.
Sometimes library cards are blocked. The most common reasons for this are:
- You have $20 or more in charges.
- You are trying to use a card from a different library as part of the library passport program.
- You might have just registered online and not picked up your library card at library location yet. You might have a student card.
- Feel free to contact us for answers.