Patron suggestions help us keep the collections relevant to our community. Is there a book, movie, CD or magazine that you want the library to buy for the collection? Let us know!
How do I suggest a purchase?
- Click 'Log in / My MCL' from the top right of any page and select 'My Library Dashboard' from the drop-down menu.
- Log in when prompted, and select ‘Submit a Suggestion' from the 'My Library Dashboard' menu on the left.
- Enter the information requested and click on 'Submit' to send us your suggestion.
Each Multnomah County Library cardholder may suggest up to eight items per month.
How will I know if the library is going to purchase my suggested item(s)?
To check on the status of previous requests:
- Click 'Log in / My MCL' from the top right of any page.
- Select 'My Library Dashboard' from the drop-down menu.
- Choose 'Suggested this month' from the dashboard menu on the left.
How do I suggest an e-book or downloadable audiobook for purchase?
Submitting suggestions through OverDrive is the fastest and easiest way to suggest an e-book or downloadable audiobook for purchase.
- Log in to OverDrive with your library card number and password.
- Search for your suggested title. If you do not see the title you're looking for, it is not available for MCL to purchase in digital formats. Titles that aren't part of the digital collection have a 'Not owned' banner. Tap or click the 'Recommend' link.
- A pop-up will open where you must enter your email address to be placed on the waitlist and be notified if your library purchases the title.
- Select 'Recommend' to complete your recommendation.
Any titles that the library purchases in OverDrive will also appear in the Libby app.