If there is a book, movie, CD, magazine or piece of music that you want the library to buy, let us know! Thank you for helping to keep the collections relevant to our community.
Staff consider many factors when considering suggestions for purchase, including budget, availability, space and the scope of the collection. Please read the library's collections policy to find out more.
How do I suggest a purchase?
- Click 'Log in / My MCL' from the top right of any page and select 'My Library Dashboard' from the drop-down menu.
- Log in when prompted, and select ‘Submit a Suggestion' from the 'My Library Dashboard' menu on the left.
- Enter the information requested and click on 'Submit' to send us your suggestion.
Each Multnomah County Library cardholder may suggest up to two items per month.
How will I know if the library is going to purchase my suggested item(s)?
To check on the status of previous requests:
- Click 'Log in / My MCL' from the top right of any page.
- Select 'My Library Dashboard' from the drop-down menu.
- Choose 'Suggested this month' from the dashboard menu on the left.
How do I suggest an e-book or downloadable audiobook for purchase?
The fastest and easiest way to suggest an e-book or downloadable audiobook is through the Libby app or the Libby website. Instructions for how to submit suggestions are available on the Libby Help Site.
Ask library staff if you need assistance.