Purpose of the computer labs
To support lifelong learning, Multnomah County Library computer labs provide access to computers for:
- using library web resources
- practicing word processing, spreadsheet, presentation or other related software
- working on projects such as writing reports, letters and resumes; creating presentations and spreadsheets; and designing and posting web pages
- practicing skills learned at the library's free computer classes
The computer labs offer:
- computer classes on basic computer skills and library resources
- a variety of self-learning aids
- regularly scheduled hours to work on projects
- volunteer assistants available to answer questions or direct customers to resources.
Rules for using the computer labs
- Lab equipment can only be used when a library staff member or volunteer is present.
- Time on a lab computer may be limited to ensure that as many patrons as possible have access to the lab. Games, chats, and recreational internet use may also be limited.
- Only software loaded on the lab computers may be used. Please do not download or install software onto the machines.
- No more than two people may use a lab computer at one time.
Help with computers
A staff member or volunteer is available to answer questions. They are prepared to offer one-on-one assistance to all patrons using the lab.
Please refer to the policies Behavior in the library and Acceptable use of the Internet.