The game runs June 15, 2018, through August 31, 2018.
New this year! High school teens can play online (paper gameboards are still an option).
How to play (birth through grade 8)
- Starting June 15, sign up at any Multnomah County library (it’s free) to get a gameboard.
- Color in one space for each day you read or listen to a book, or do any of the fun activities on the gameboard.
- Each time you mark at least 15 days (they don’t have to be in a row!), bring the gameboard to the library to choose a prize.
- Once you’ve read 45 days total, you’ve completed the game! Bring your gameboard to the library on or after July 29 to get a prize, a T-shirt (while supplies last), coupons for Oaks Park, Oregon Ballet Theatre and Oregon Children’s Theatre, and an entry in the Grand Prize drawing for two nights at Great Wolf Lodge! Claim your prizes by August 31, 2018.
How to play (teens entering grades 9-12)
- Starting June 1, sign up online (it's free) to track your reading on the mobile site. Or, starting June 15, come in to any Multnomah County library to get a gameboard (also free).
- If you play online, enter every day you read about an hour. On the gameboard, mark a space every time you read for an hour or do any of the challenge activities.
- If you play online, the site will let you know when you earn your prizes. If you play on the gameboard, bring each card to the library once it's complete. You can choose a coupon or an entry in a drawing. Prizes are available starting June 29 for Challenge 1, starting July 14 for Challenge 2, and starting July 29 for Challenge 3.
- When you have filled all three cards, you’ve completed the challenge! You’ll get a prize, a T-shirt (while supplies last), coupons for Oaks Park, Oregon Ballet Theatre and Oregon Children’s Theatre, and an entry in the Grand Prize drawing for two nights at Great Wolf Lodge! Claim your prizes by August 31, 2018.
Summer Reading is supported by gifts to The Library Foundation, a local nonprofit dedicated to our library's leadership, innovation and reach through private support.
A special thank you to media sponsors:
The 2018 Summer Reading Program would not be possible without the generous support of our community partners who donated thousands of prizes.
- Chang's Mongolian Grill
- Domino's Pizza
- Dutch Bros. Coffee
- Family Fun Center & Bullwinkle's Restaurant
- Finnegan's Toys & Gifts
- Glowing Greens
- Great Wolf Lodge
- Green Bean Books
- Gresham Skate World
- HOTLIPS Pizza
- Laughing Planet
- Milagro Theatre
- Mimosa Studios
- Mt. Hood Aquatic Center
- My Masterpiece Art Studio
- Oregon Coast Aquarium
- Oregon State Fair
- PlayDate PDX
- Portland Parks and Recreation Aquatic Division
- Posies Bakery & Cafe
- Round Table Pizza
- Seven Corners Cycles!
- Staccato Gelato
- Voodoo Doughnut
- Wallace Books