Multnomah County Library wants to read your book
From October 17 to December 17, the library will be accepting submissions from local authors who would like to see their work added to the library’s collection. Here’s how it works:
- Publish your e-book on one of the following self-publishing sites * :
- Fill out a submission form telling us about your work.
- The library will purchase a review copy of each submission and library staff members will review them.
- After library staff review submissions, they will add the best ones to the library’s e-book collection on the OverDrive platform, visited by over 5000 MCL patrons every single day.
For this round of submissions, the library will accept memoirs as well as works of fiction, for adults, teens and children. Due to the agreement between OverDrive and the self-publishing sites, the library will not consider submissions of erotica.
Work submitted after the December deadline will not be reviewed during this round of submissions. The library may consider additional local e-books in the future.
Your work will be reviewed by library staff with a wide range of reading interests. Each work will be reviewed independently by two staff members.
* Multnomah County Library has no direct relationship with Smashwords, Draft2Digital, or Kobo Writing Life. The library is not party to any agreement between the author and these web sites. The library will buy the selected titles that are published on these sites through its e-book vendor, OverDrive.