Last revised 02.15.22
Interlibrary loan eligibility
- Interlibrary loan services are available to people who live or pay property taxes in Multnomah County, or who pay an annual fee for library services.
- Please contact your local library if you can’t use interlibrary loan services at Multnomah County Library.
- Patrons with overdue interlibrary loan items may not check out additional items through interlibrary loan.
Items that can and can’t be borrowed
We will try to borrow these items from libraries located in the United States or Canada:
- Audiobooks on CDs
- Copies of articles
- Non-Fiction video recordings
The library is unable to borrow:
- Items published in the current calendar year
- Ebooks and downloadable audio
- Musical recordings, software, video games or fictional video recordings (DVDs/BluRays) in any format
- Items already in the Multnomah County Library collection.
- Books printed before 1800, however we will try to borrow these materials in reprint or microform, if available.
- Bound periodicals, however, we will request photocopies or microform.
We will try to borrow items without any fees. However:
- Some libraries charge interlibrary loan fees.
- You can tell us how much you are willing to pay to get an item.
Manage my account
- Interlibrary loan materials can only be checked out on the library card of the person who requested them.
- There is a limit of two active interlibrary loan requests at one time.
- Overdue interlibrary loan items must be returned before more interlibrary loan items may be checked out
- Items that are 30 days overdue or returned with significant damage will result in a $50 minimum fee. This fee may increase, if the cost of the item is higher.
- You may request one renewal, unless the white band on your item says that the item cannot be renewed. Renewals are not guaranteed. To request a renewal, contact us. Do not contact the library where you picked up the item or the owning library.