Need some extra help with school assignments? Try Live Homework Help from Tutor.com. Through a live chat, students can get free one-on-one help with an expert tutor in the areas of language arts, math, science or social studies.
Live Homework Help is available every day from noon to midnight in English and Spanish and from 3 – 9 pm in Vietnamese.
Steps to use Live Homework Help
Watch the video for step-by-step instructions, or follow the steps below.
- Start at the Live Homework Help resource page and click on the purple “Begin using Tutor.com” button.
- Then type in your library card (or Library Connect) number and password.
- Once you reach the Tutor.com homepage, you can choose to set up a free account. (This will let you save your work, and some features of the site will require you to have an account.) In the upper right corner, click on “Create an Account” to get started.
- Fill out the information and click on “Create account.”
- Back at the homepage, click on “Get a tutor now” to connect with a tutor. You’ll be able to choose a subject and grade level.
- Then type in a question or attach a document or photo of an assignment. When you click on “Connect now,” you’ll be connected with a tutor.
You will be able to review your previous chat sessions with a tutor whenever needed, if you created an account.
More services from Live Homework Help
In addition to the live chat, Live Homework Help offers these other helpful services when you set up a free account. They are available by clicking on the buttons at the top of the homepage.
- Submit a paper: Upload a written assignment and a tutor will give you feedback (a little or a lot, depending on what you need), all within 12 hours.
- Drop off a math question: If you don’t have time to work with a tutor one-on-one, submit your math problem and get a detailed response within 48 hours.
- Sample quizzes: Select a practice quiz in algebra, biology, calculus, chemistry, English, geometry or physics to test your knowledge.
- Prep for standardized tests: If you’ll be taking a test like an AP exam, the SAT or ACT, or graduate school entrance exams, you can find preparation tools and sample tests.
- Resume help: Upload your resume or cover letter to have it reviewed by an expert.
- Study resources: Websites, videos, games and flashcards are available 24 hours a day on many subjects.
Using Live Homework Help can relieve some of that homework stress! You may also wish to check out these other tutoring resources.