A space for teens to learn and create at Rockwood Library
The makerspace is a collaborative learning environment at Rockwood Library with an emphasis on middle and high school learners. The space provides access to innovative technology, equipment, software and supportive mentors. Within this 1,000 square-foot area, students learn real-life technology, design and engineering skills through open labs, workshops and camps.
Free STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) Minikits
Only at Rockwood Library! No appointments needed.
Teens (6th-12th grade), walk up to the library's front door and ask for your minikit. Grown-ups can pick up the kits for you too!
The kits come with instructions and you don't need to attend a class to create them. But if you want, you can join us for a workshop at the end of February (we will review all the kits). If you need inspiration, short videos of the kits in action are up on the library’s YouTube Channel (scroll to the bottom of the playlist.)
Engineering with Kinetic Energy Series (and bonus Valentine minikit)
February 5: Valentine Pop-up Card
February 12: Pom Pom Catapult
February 19: Rubber Band Helicopter
February 26: Pom Pom Launcher
March 5: Finger Rocket
Please email email@example.com or call 503.988.0462 for help. Stay creative and see you at the library front door!
Tours, workshops and professional development opportunities are available for educators as well. Contact us to learn more.
- 12 Dell laptops w/Autodesk Suites
- 6 iPads Air 2.0 w/audio and video apps
- 6 MacBook Pro laptops w/Adobe Creative Suite
- 2 Lulzbot Mini 3D printers
- 2 Ultimaker 2+ 3D printer
- Tazbot 6 3D printer
- Epilog Mini 18, 30 watt Laser Cutter
- 1 Dell 9020 w/Corel Draw
- High Resolution Digital scanner
- BenQ wireless overhead projector
- Mayku Formbox Vacuum Mold
- Othermill Desktop CNC Mill
- 4 Silhouette Cameo vinyl cutters
- Ricoh Laser color printer
- Inkjet wide format photo printer
- 4 sewing machines, Singer Heavy Duty 23 stitch
- 4 soldering irons, Weller WLC100
- Huge software list, please ask
- Many tools and kits