June 16 - August 31, 2023
Find Your Voice at Multnomah County Library. Play the Summer Reading Game!
Our voices have power. We use our voices to share stories, express ourselves and spark change. Our voices include not only the sounds we make, but the words we write, the art we create, the movements we perform and the actions we take each day to impact our world.
Read for fun and prizes this summer. Babies, kids and teens can play the Summer Reading game by starting a daily reading habit. In addition, the library will have fun interactive virtual performances, storytelling, and arts and crafts for kids and families. It all kicks off June 16!
Kids of all ages can play online or on paper.
Summer Reading Volunteer applications will be available online and in libraries on April 15. Visit our volunteer page.
- Starting June 16, come to the library and pick up a gameboard or sign up online at Beanstack or download the mobile Beanstack App.
- Mark one space for each day you read or listen to a book, or do any of the fun activities, between June 16 and August 31, 2022.
- Each time you mark at least 15 days (they don’t have to be in a row!), come to the library to receive a prize. If you play on paper, fill out one of the cards on your gameboard and bring it with you.
- Once you have read 45 days total, you have completed the game! Come to the library (if you play on paper, bring your last card) on or after July 30 to receive a T-shirt and Prizes (while supplies last), and an entry in the Grand Prize drawing for your age level.
- Claim your prizes by August 31, 2022.
If you don’t have a gameboard by the start of Summer Reading, don’t worry! When you pick up a gameboard from the library or start playing online, you can fill in as many days you have read since June 16th.
Check out this video on YouTube that explains Summer Reading.
Finish the Summer Reading Game and enter to win one of these prizes
Grand Prize: Birthday party at Wiggle Room
Runner-up: Play tent with a selection of books curated for the child
Instead of any of these prizes, each winner may select a $150 Visa gift card made possible by The Library Foundation.
Grand Prize: A technology prize selected with a Rockwood Library Makerspace specialist
Runner-up: Birthday party at Mad Science
Instead of any of these prizes, each winner may select a $250 Visa gift card, made possible by The Library Foundation.
Middle School + High School
Grand Prize: A technology package selected with a Rockwood Library Makerspace specialist, and a MetroEast membership
Middle School Runner-up: Bowling Party for 8 at Superplay
High School Runner-up: A technology prize selected with a Rockwood Library Makerspace specialist
Instead of any of these prizes, each winner may select a $250 Visa gift card, made possible by The Library Foundation