Nine Reasons to Play Chess at Holgate Library:
- Really. What ELSE would you do with your Saturday afternoon? Watch TV?
- Think strategically! It's good practice.
- Something to do with friends.
- A way to meet new people.
- It's free.
- It happens every week. Make a habit! Saturday, 1-4:30 pm.
- No late fee! Drop in anytime and stay for a game, or stay all afternoon.
- People of all skill levels are welcome, from beginner to masters.
- It's a lot of fun!
Holgate Library's chess group has been gathering on Saturday afternoons for many years. The faces have changed, but the idea that players of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels should get together is still thriving.
The group meets in the public area. This means that the participants are in a library that is busy and frequently has armloads of enthusiastic kids, but club volunteers and participants recognize that developing concentration is an important part of learning.
For an opportunity to flex your brain, empower your inner genius, have some fun and connect with others who have the same idea, visit Holgate Library on one of its busy Saturdays, skip the computers for a day, and play some chess. It'd be a great opening move.