Multnomah County Library has an amazing array of titles that might be of interest to our LGBTQ community:
- Looking for something fresh? Check out our New Titles section and specifically new LGBTQ books, movies & TV, and teen titles.
- Perhaps you like things that are more off-the-beaten-path? Check out Librarian Emily-Jane’s LGBTQ Zines Reading List.
- Just want to sit back and watch a movie? I’ve made up a list of some of my favorite LGBTQ films that the library owns.
- Are award-winners your thing? LAMBDA Literary recently announced the winners of their 26th annual Lambda Literary Awards. Here is a list of some of the titles currently available at the library (more titles from this list are being ordered as we speak!)
- History buff? Be sure and browse through Librarian Emily-Jane's LGBTQ History reading list.
- Looking for some tips on parenting, or good reads for LGBTQ familes? Read Andrea's post A Tale of Two Mamas and check out the reading lists on Gay Parenting, Rainbow Family Picture Books and Chapter Books.
- Sci-fi/Fantasy your thing? Take a look at Librarian Natasha's selection of good scifi and fantasy featuring main characters or storylines with LGBTQ themes.
- Planning your big gay wedding? Librarian Emily-Jane has lots of great resources to share.
- Do you prefer mysteries? Librarian Matthew has a great post about his favorite gay detectives, accompanied by this reading list.
Speaking of Librarian Matthew, he is one of our very special My Librarians. He loves making up reading lists and providing readers advisory for LGBTQ literature and non fiction in general. Some examples of his excellent lists are Getting Started with LGBT Fiction and Character Driven Gay Fiction. Not sure what to read next, ask Matthew!
Or you can contact any of us with questions about our collection - or any other question you may have - just visit the Contact page and let us know!