Number of Pages:
Minimum grade level:
Spoiler alert! Some of the questions contain key elements of the plot. Do not read if you don't want to know what happens!
- A Wrinkle In Time is very much a novel about good vs. evil. Who in the book represents good? Who represents evil?
- How does Meg feel about her father and his work?
- Imagine living in a community that mistrusts and resents you. What is it like for the Murrys to live in a community that doesn't understand them?
- How is Charles Wallace like Meg? How is he different?
- How would you describe tesseracting? Would you want to do it?
- What are Meg's faults? How do they help her in the end?
- Meg experiences various types of love throughout her adventure. How does her understanding of love develop over the course of the novel?
- Who is the most courageous character?
- Would you define this story as fantasy or science fiction? What are the differences between these two genres?
- If you had the opportunity to time travel, would you? If you could chose the time, what time period would you travel to? The past? The future?
- Would you recommend this book to others?
Warm cocoa, milk, bread and jam sandwiches -- the snacks Meg and Charles are eating the night of the storm. If your group is adventurous, try liverwurst!
Portions of this discussion guide are credited to 100 Boosk For Girls to Grow On by Shireen Dodson (HarperCollins, 1998)
Created in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.