Minimum grade level:
Spoiler alert! Some of the questions contain key elements of the plot. Do not read if you don't want to know what happens!
- Friendship is one of the main themes of this book. What is friendship to you? How is it portrayed in this title?
- Why is "The Souls" a good name for the team?
- How does Mrs. Olinski become a "Soul" herself?
- There are times in life when on has to take risks in order to be successful. How do "The Souls" and Mrs. Olinski demonstate their willingness to take risks?
- Mrs. Olinski is a teacher who can tolerate mischeif but she caano accept malice. Discuss the difference between mischief and malice.
- What qualities make up a good team? What can contribute to the failure of a team?
- How do the individual needs of The Souls contriubte to their success as a team?
- Read the last page of the novel outloud and discuss what it might mean.
Form teams and divide the trivia questions at the end of the book and work together to complete the answers.
Create a tea like The Souls - offer brewed tea, finger sandwiches, and cookies.
Created in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.