This is a long post showing meal resources in Multnomah County (and beyond). We start with school districts and then move to community organizations we know of that are helping the community. Please let us know if you need further assistance.
Multnomah County Library
Midland Library will be providing free summer lunch for children and teens 18 years old and younger. Summer lunch will be available from 12-1 pm, Monday-Friday, beginning July 5 until August 5. Meals will be provided in the large meeting room, with activities such as crafts and STEM kits. No registration is needed.
Midland Library is located at 805 SE 122nd Avenue, Portland, 97223.
Multnomah County School Districts
Multnomah County school districts continue to provide meal assistance during the summer. The SUN Service System also has information on accessing food.
We have done our best to provide current information. Please confirm meal availability through the links shared below.
Centennial [updated 6/14/22]
Food 4 Families will have food distribution on the second and fourth Wednesdays of June, July and August at Centennial High School, 3505 SE 182nd Ave, Gresham, 97030. 4:00pm to 5:00pm. Click here for distribution dates.
David Douglas [updated 6/21/22]
There are food pantries located at the following David Douglas school buildings. These are for families to pick up free groceries, not grab-and-go meals. Check the link for a calendar that shows times and any closures.
- Floyd Light Middle School: 10800 SE Washington St. Mondays, 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Cherry Park Elementary: 1930 SE 104th Ave. Mondays, 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Earl Boyles Elementary: 10822 SE Bush St. Tuesdays, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. BEGINNING JULY 12
- Mill Park Elementary: 1900 SE 117th Ave. Tuesdays, 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Gilbert Park Elementary: 13132 SE Ramona St. Wednesdays 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- David Douglas High South Building: 1500 SE 130th Ave. Thursdays, 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Gilbert Heights Elementary: 12839 SE Holgate Blvd. Fridays, 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Gresham-Barlow [updated 6/21/22]
Summer Meals are offered at no charge to participants 1-18 years of age. We do have some important changes to share for this summer’s service:
- Parent(s)/ Guardians will no longer be able to pick up meals on behalf of their children.
- Students/participants must be present to receive a meal and remain on-site when consuming their meal (food items are not allowed off-site).
- Multiple meals will not be served at one meal service. Meals will be served daily, Monday through Friday.
Meals will be served at the following locations, June 27th through August 12th:
- Springwater Trail High School, 1440 SE Fleming Avenue, Gresham. Monday-Thursday, Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m., Lunch: 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Gresham Arts Plaza (Splash Pad), 401 NE 2nd Street, Gresham. Monday-Friday, Lunch only: 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Gresham Main City Park, 219 S. Main Avenue, Gresham. Monday-Friday, Lunch only: 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Red Sunset Park, 2403 NE Red Sunset Drive, Gresham. Monday-Friday, Lunch only: 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Nadaka Park, 17615 NE Glisan Street, Portland. Monday-Friday, Lunch only: 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Parkrose [updated 6/29/22]
Summer meals will be served at the following sites and dates for children and teens aged 18 and younger. Meals must be consumed on-site. More information here:
- Gateway Discovery Park: 10520 NE Halsey St. June 27th through August 26th (closed July 4th), 11 a.m. to noon
- Luuwit View Park: NE 127th Ave. and NE Fremont. June 27th through August 26th (closed July 4th). 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Parkrose High School: 12003 NE Shaver St. June 27th through July 28th (Monday through Thursday). Breakfast 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., lunch noon - 12:45 p.m.
- Parkrose Middle School: 11800 NE Shaver St. July 5th through July 28th (Monday through Thursday). Breakfast 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., lunch noon - 12:45 p.m.
Portland [updated 6/14/22]
From the PPS website: In partnership with Portland Parks and Recreation, daily free lunch and activities will be offered throughout the city in the 16 parks from June 21 through August 19. Lunches are free for all children in the community ages 1-18. Please note, all lunches must be eaten within the designated eating area at the park. Grab and go meals are no longer available per USDA regulations and all children must be present to receive a lunch. No food may be taken home. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding with this transition in rules from last year's services. Sites and times are listed below:
- Alberta Park, 1905 NE Killingsworth St. Noon - 1pm
- Columbia Park, 4503 N Lombard St. 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Cully Park, 5810 NE 72nd Ave. Noon - 1pm
- Essex Park, 7730 SE Center St. 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Harrison Park, 1931 SE 84th Ave. 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Holly Farm Park, 10819 SW Capitol Hwy. Noon - 1pm
- Irving Park, 875 NE Fremont St. Noon -1pm
- Kenton Park, 8417 N Brandon Ave. Noon - 1:30pm
- K'hunamokwst Park, 5200 NE Alberta St. 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Lents Park, 4677 N Trenton St. Noon - 1:30pm
- Montavilla Park, NE 82nd Ave and NE Glisan St. Noon -1:00pm
- Mt. Scott Park, SE 72nd Ave and SE Ramona St. Noon - 1:30pm
- Peninsula Park, 700 N Rosa Parks Way. Noon - 1:30pm
- St. Johns Park, 8427 N Central St. 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Stephens Creek Crossing, 6715-6861 SW 26th Ave. 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Reynolds [updated 6/21/22]
Alder Elementary School: 17200 SE Alder St. 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Davis Elementary School: 19501 NE Davis St. 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Fairview Elementary School: 225 Main St., Fairview. 11:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Glenfair Elementary School: 15300 NE Glisan St. 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
H.B. Lee Middle School: 1121 NE 172nd Ave. 12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Reynolds Middle School: 1200 NE 201st Ave., Fairview. 12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Walt Morey Middle School: 2801 SW Lucas Rd., Troutdale. 12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Wilkes Elementary School: 17020 NE Wilkes Rd. 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Woodland Elementary School: 21607 NE Glisan St., Fairview. 11:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Agencies, Community Organizations and Restaurants
Information may change so please check their websites if a link is provided.
C3 Pantry (NE): 6120 NE 57th Ave., Portland. Tuesdays, doors open at 11:30am, shopping is 12-1pm.
- Dawson Park, 1 N Stanton St. Every 1st Tuesday from 10am to noon
- Victory Outreach, 16022 SE Stark St. Every 3rd Tuesday from 10am to noon
- Kenton Church, 2115 N Lombard St. Every 4th Tuesday from 10am to noon
- East Portland Community Center, 740 SE 106th Ave. Every 2nd Wednesday from 9am to 11am