May 1 - June 1, 2021
During May, Multnomah County Library is celebrating National Bike Month with the City of Portland Bureau of Transportation.
Enter for a chance to have your bike art placed on a Portland street!
Drop off your completed entry at your library or submit online by June 1.
Contest is open to children and teens in grades PreK-12.
Need inspiration? See the 2020 Bike to Books winners.
Other ways to celebrate National Bike Month during May:
- Read picture books about bikes.
- Read books to help you get pedaling.
- Ride your bike to a Multnomah County Library and pick up a free bike light. (While supplies last.)
- Watch a bike-themed storytime:
- Thursday, May 6, 9:30 am — English It's Storytime! Live
- Sunday, May 9, 10 am — 讲故事时间! 网上現场国语 / It's Chinese Storytime! Live
- Saturday, May 15, 10 am — It's Black Storytime! Live
- Saturday, May 15, 11 am — 粤语讲故事时间! 网上現场 / It's Cantonese Storytime! Live
- Wednesday, May 19, 6 pm — ¡Es la hora de cuentos! En vivo / It's Spanish Storytime! Live
- Sunday, May 23, 10 am — 讲故事时间! 网上現场国语 / It's Chinese Storytime! Live
- Sunday, May 23, 2 pm — Giờ Kể Chuyện Và Đọc Sách! Trực Tuyến / It's Vietnamese Storytime! Live
- Tuesday, May 25, 3:30 pm — It's Sensory Storytime! Live
- Thursday, May 27, 11 am — Детские чтения в прямом эфире! / It's Russian Storytime! Live
#BikeToBooks | biketobooks.com