Number of Pages:
Minimum grade level:
Spoiler alert! Some of the questions contain key elements of the plot. Do not read if you don't want to know what happens!
- What kind of a character is Hermux? How would you describe him?
- What were your first impressions of Linka Perflinger? When she said the watch, "'must keep perfect time . . . Even a second could mean the difference between life and death, '" what did you guess she meant?
- Many readers who read Time Stops for No Mouse compare it to Redwall by Brian Jacques. In what ways are the two books similar? And yet, how are they different?
- Describe Tucka. What do you think motivates her? Is she all bad?
- Are there any humans in this world? Are they mentioned anywhere in the text?
- In this book, the author creates an entirely new world, one very different from ours in many ways. Who were some of your favorite characters? Did the author do a good job at convincing you to believe in this other world?
- Do you see a future for Hermux and Linka? Has he really lost her?
- Is Hermux the hero of this story? In what ways is he an unlikely hero?
- If you could drink from the Fountain of Youth, would you? Why or why not? What are some of the things you'd have to consider before making your decision?
- This book is printed in an unusual, decorative font. How did that add or detract from the experience of reading?
Select a few of the major and minor character to draw. What does their clothing look like? How tall are they? What do their homes look like?
Created in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.