Number of Pages:
Minimum grade level:
Spoiler alert! Some of the questions contain key elements of the plot. Do not read if you don't want to know what happens!
- In what world is The Thief set? How did the author create this part-magical, part-realistic setting?
- Describe Gen. What kind of person is he? How much do we really know about him?
- Is there a traitor in this novel? More than one? What motivates a traitor?
- What is the Queen of Attolia like? What kind of plans do you think she has in store for Gen?
- Which story of the old gods did you like the most? Why do you think they were included in the book?
- What is the power of Hamiathes's Gift?
- Did the ending surprise you? What clues were in the book leading up to the revelation of Gen's true identity?
- Gen has a very elaborate plan in mind right from the start of the book. What was is plan? Did it work? Was he foolish or brave for thinking he could manipulate events to his advantage?
- If you haven't read the sequel to this book, The Queen of Attolia, what do you predict for Gen's future?
Draw a map of the countries described in The Thief or draw a picture of what the inner chamber may look like.
Created in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.