Medicine is one thing people use to help them feel better when they are ill. Some medicines are taken once, some for a few days, and some for longer. For medicines that can't be swallowed, other methods like shots can help you stay healthy.
Another common reason for getting a shot is vaccination. Vaccination, also called immunization, is one way that some people choose to prevent diseases and viruses and to stay healthy. For more vaccination related information, you can:
- Find out how vaccines are made.
- Learn why some people are concerned about vaccines and how the Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia answer their questions.
- Play a disease-fighting video game!
- See photos of the effects of some of diseases vaccinations help prevent (warning: you might not want to be eating a snack when looking at these pictures).
- Enjoy totally illin' music from the Disease Detectives:
More questions? You can always contact a librarian for all your library and information needs!