Imagine Your Story
June 15 - August 31, 2020
This summer, students are encouraged to “imagine your story” with fairytales, mythology, and fantasy. Our Summer Reading dragon, Shu Long, will help. "Shu Long" is Chinese pinyin of "書龍" which means "good reader like a dragon," and we hope that Shu Long inspires many people to be good readers this summer!
For a full overview of the Summer Reading game, check out our Summer Reading page.
Resources to share with students:
- This video on the basics of playing the game, including changes for 2020 to make it low-contact.
- This video on how to sign up to play the online version.
- Note to students: Do NOT use a restricted school email address to create your online account. A phone number or adult email is best.
- Summer Reading booklists:
- Printable gameboards to download and use while waiting for official gameboards: Color | B&W
Summer Reading is supported by gifts to The Library Foundation, a local nonprofit dedicated to our library's leadership, innovation and reach through private support. More information can be found on the Summer Reading page.