Do you work with kids in the summer?
Do you have the same group of kids for six weeks or longer? The library offers Summer Reading to Go, a kit to encourage a culture of readers in your community.
These kits are for camps or programs where there’s an adult coordinator or recreation director and a fairly fixed group of at least six youth for about six weeks. Youth can also play the individual summer reading game. Some sites even plan field trips to a library to encourage participation. Request a kit by June 21.
- Summer Reading to Go includes:
- Community gameboard and posters
- Instructions, tips and tricks to encourage literacy
- Prizes for each kid for 2 levels -- 1 toy, 1 coupon
- A book set for your community library
- Individual gameboards and sign-up forms so kids can play the individual game
- Choice of Spanish or English gameboards (for kids through grade 5)
We'll mail you the kit unless you request an initial visit from a librarian. Such visits are in limited supply and can't be guaranteed. If a librarian is able to visit your site, they can sign kids up for library cards and give booktalks or an overview of library resources.