Number of Pages:
Minimum grade level:
Spoiler alert! Some of the questions contain key elements of the plot. Do not read if you don't want to know what happens!
- What kind of changes have Michael's family gone through shortly before he mets Skellig?
- Describe Skellig. What does he look like physically? What is he?
- How does Michael's baby sister's illness affect the family?
- How is Mina different from Michael's school friends?
- Michael says, "I reached across his back and felt something beneath his other should as well. Like thin arms, folded up. Springy and flexible." (pg. 31) What is this?
- Many people tell Michael that people's should blades are where their wings once were. Have you ever heard this story before? Who told it to you?
- What kind of information does Michael learn about arthritis? Who shares it with him? How does it help Skellig?
- What happens when Michael's second heartbeat stops beating?
- What is happening when Mina, Skellig and Michael join hands and spin? (pg. 120)
- Do you belive that Skellig might be an angel? Do you believe in angels? Share why or why not.
- Predict what you think might happen to Skellig at the end of the book.
Draw a picture of Skellig.
Bluebottles (Just kidding!), Chinese takeout, fortune cookies
Created in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.