Number of Pages:
Minimum grade level:
Spoiler alert! Some of the questions contain key elements of the plot. Do not read if you don't want to know what happens!
- What do you think about nicknames?
- What kind of nicknames do you know for people?
- Do you have a nickname? Does it make you feel good about yourself or feel belittled?
- Do you think nicknames are powerful, that is, that people tend to live up or down to them?
- Have you ever known a teacher or other person in a leadership role who was like Mr. Huge?
- Do you think that if a teacher or leader gives 110% and expects his students to do the same,that they will?
- Have you ever seen a friendship broken apart by jealousy such as happens to Jeff and Wiley?
- Do you think this story could have happened?
If you like this book, try
- No More Dead Dogs by Gordon Korman
- The Chicken Doesn't Skate by Gordon Korman
- The School Story by Andrew Clements
- Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar
CCreated in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.