Your library — reimagined
Imagine super easy searching. Rating and reviewing items you borrow. Following others who like the same things you do. Organizing your way. Streamlined account management. Sophisticated mobile access from any device. It's all here. It's My MCL, a whole new way to experience the library. You do not need to sign up for My MCL to use the library — you can continue to access your account the way you always have, through the Classic Catalog, if you wish.
You can search the library’s collection through My MCL without signing up, but doing so allows you to place holds and enjoy all the benefits of My MCL. It's simple and fast.
- Go to My MCL or click on 'Log in to My MCL' at the top right of any page.
- Type in your library card number (where it says "barcode or username") and PIN (where it says "password"). Your password and PIN are the same thing. We're calling it a password now because it can have 4-10 letters or numbers, instead of numbers only. Your existing PIN will continue to work, and you do not need to change it unless you wish to.
- Confirm the month and year of your birth.*
- Create a username that will display onscreen. Your username will appear on any comments or public lists that you create. It should be unique but not identify you. Do not use your last name or email address.
- Choose your preferred language and email.
- If you wish, enable Recently Returned (known as "My Reading History" in the Classic Catalog) in your privacy settings. You may enable this feature at any time. The content on your Recently Returned page is visible only to you.
- You will receive a welcome email from us with a confirmation link. Click the link, and you're done.
After signing up, go to your privacy settings to make your shelves as public or as private as you like. Once you have signed up, you may rate and comment, create and import lists, and tag and organize. You may follow users with similar reading interests, including multcolib. See How to use My MCL.
Changing your username
- When you are logged in, click on My Settings at the top right of any page.
- Enter a new username.
Your holds, fines, recently returned list, inbox, personal tags and private notes are visible only to you. Who you are following or ignoring is visible only to you, as well. Your library will not share this information with anyone, under any circumstances.
Your shelves and lists are visible to others only if you choose; see How to use My MCL for details.
If you prefer to continue using the Classic Catalog, you may.
* Children 12 and under cannot type in a username when registering. In the United States, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act requires web sites that collect personal information from children to obtain parental consent. For this reason, children under 13 are not allowed to display their real names, nor can they type their own usernames, enter comments, or add other kinds of content that require typing, since these could be used inappropriately. To generate a username, a child can select a combination of color and animal name.