Number of Pages:
Minimum grade level:
- How does Angel's new interest in star gazing help her?
- Why is Angel always reminding people to wear seat belts and eat nutritious food, even though she's just a kid?
- Do you have a favorite character from the book? Who is it? Why is this character your favorite?
- What do you think about Grandma's relationship with the man she refers to as "Santy Claus?" Why do you think she doesn't want to talk about who he really is?
- What role does the "star man" play in the story?
- Do you see parts of yourself in any of the characters?
- Do you think Angel did the right thing when she hid from her father?
- Is this story believable?
- At the end of the book, do you feel hope for the characters?
- What do you think the author was trying to accomplish? Do you think the author had a message she wanted to convey to readers?
- Did you find any flaws in the book?
Serve tea and canned peaches, or popsicles and Fudgsicles (Angel and Bernie's treats when they visit town), or make cookies cut in the shapes of stars and moons.
Created in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.