This is a long post showing meal resources in Multnomah County (and beyond). We start with school districts and then move to community organizations we know of that are helping the community. Please let us know if you need further assistance.
Multnomah County School Districts
Multnomah County school districts continue to provide meal assistance during the summer. The SUN Service System also has information on accessing food.
We have done our best to provide current information. Please confirm meal availability through the links shared below.
Centennial [updated 7/11/22]
The SUN food pantry at Parklane Elementary, 15811 SE Main St., Portland, is open Fridays from noon to 1:30 p.m. Stop by to access 3-5 days’ worth of FREE, fresh, and healthy food for your family. Please bring your own bags. No identification or income verification materials required. Anyone is welcomed to shop!
Food 4 Families will have food distribution on the second and fourth Wednesdays of June, July and August at Centennial High School, 3505 SE 182nd Ave, Gresham, 97030. 4:00pm to 5:00pm. Click here for distribution dates.
David Douglas [updated 6/21/22]
There are food pantries located at the following David Douglas school buildings. These are for families to pick up free groceries, not grab-and-go meals. Check the link for a calendar that shows times and any closures.
- Floyd Light Middle School: 10800 SE Washington St. Mondays, 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Cherry Park Elementary: 1930 SE 104th Ave. Mondays, 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Earl Boyles Elementary: 10822 SE Bush St. Tuesdays, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Mill Park Elementary: 1900 SE 117th Ave. Tuesdays, 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Gilbert Park Elementary: 13132 SE Ramona St. Wednesdays 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- David Douglas High South Building: 1500 SE 130th Ave. Thursdays, 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Gilbert Heights Elementary: 12839 SE Holgate Blvd. Fridays, 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Gresham-Barlow [updated 6/21/22]
Summer Meals are offered at no charge to participants 1-18 years of age. We do have some important changes to share for this summer’s service:
- Parent(s)/ Guardians will no longer be able to pick up meals on behalf of their children.
- Students/participants must be present to receive a meal and remain on-site when consuming their meal (food items are not allowed off-site).
- Multiple meals will not be served at one meal service. Meals will be served daily, Monday through Friday.
Meals will be served at the following locations, June 27th through August 12th:
- Springwater Trail High School, 1440 SE Fleming Avenue, Gresham. Monday-Thursday, Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m., Lunch: 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Gresham Arts Plaza (Splash Pad), 401 NE 2nd Street, Gresham. Monday-Friday, Lunch only: 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Gresham Main City Park, 219 S. Main Avenue, Gresham. Monday-Friday, Lunch only: 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Red Sunset Park, 2403 NE Red Sunset Drive, Gresham. Monday-Friday, Lunch only: 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Nadaka Park, 17615 NE Glisan Street, Portland. Monday-Friday, Lunch only: 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Parkrose [updated 7/26/22]
The SUN pantry at Shaver Elementary : 3701 NE 131st Pl. is open Wednesdays, 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer meals will be served at the following sites and dates for children and teens aged 18 and younger. Meals must be consumed on-site. More information here:
- Gateway Discovery Park: 10520 NE Halsey St. June 27th through August 26th. 11 a.m. to noon
- Luuwit View Park: NE 127th Ave. and NE Fremont. June 27th through August 26th. 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Prescott Elementary: 10410 NE Prescott St. August 1st through August 11th (Monday through Thursday). Breakfast 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Russell Elementary: 2700 NE 127th Ave. August 1st through August 12th (Monday through Friday). Breakfast 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Sacramento Elementary: 11400 NE Sacramento St. August 1st through August 11th (Monday through Thursday). Breakfast 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Shaver Elementary: 3701 NE 131st Pl. August 1st through August 12th (Monday through Friday). Breakfast 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Portland [updated 6/14/22]
From the PPS website: In partnership with Portland Parks and Recreation, daily free lunch and activities will be offered throughout the city in the 16 parks from June 21 through August 19. Lunches are free for all children in the community ages 1-18. Please note, all lunches must be eaten within the designated eating area at the park. Grab and go meals are no longer available per USDA regulations and all children must be present to receive a lunch. No food may be taken home. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding with this transition in rules from last year's services. Sites and times are listed below:
- Alberta Park, 1905 NE Killingsworth St. Noon - 1pm
- Columbia Park, 4503 N Lombard St. 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Cully Park, 5810 NE 72nd Ave. Noon - 1pm
- Essex Park, 7730 SE Center St. 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Harrison Park, 1931 SE 84th Ave. 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Holly Farm Park, 10819 SW Capitol Hwy. Noon - 1pm
- Irving Park, 875 NE Fremont St. Noon -1pm
- Kenton Park, 8417 N Brandon Ave. Noon - 1:30pm
- K'hunamokwst Park, 5200 NE Alberta St. 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Lents Park, SE 92nd and SE Steele Noon - 1:30pm
- McCoy Park, N Newman Ave and N Newark Noon - 1:30pm
- Montavilla Park, NE 82nd Ave and NE Glisan St. Noon -1:00pm
- Mt. Scott Park, SE 72nd Ave and SE Ramona St. Noon - 1:30pm
- Peninsula Park, 700 N Rosa Parks Way. Noon - 1:30pm
- St. Johns Park, 8427 N Central St. 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Stephens Creek Crossing, 6715-6861 SW 26th Ave. 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Reynolds [updated 8/8/22]
- Glenfair Elementary: 15300 NE Glisan St. Tuesdays, 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Reynolds High: 1698 SW Cherry Park Rd., Troutdale. Last Tuesday of the month, 2:30 p.m.
- Alder Elementary: 17200 SE Alder St. Wednesdays 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Reynolds Middle: 1200 NE 201st Ave., Fairview. Fridays 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Wilkes Elementary: 17020 NE Wilkes Rd. 1st Friday of the month, 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Davis Elementary: 19501 NE Davis St. 2nd Friday of the month, 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- H.B. Lee Middle: 1121 NE 172nd Ave. Call 503-255-5686 for information on accessing the food pantry
- Walt Morey Middle: 2801 SW Lucas Ave., Troutdale. Call 503-810-9604 for information on accessing the food pantry
- Donald Robertson Wood Village Park: 24300 NE Halsey St., Wood Village. Monday through Friday, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. through August 12th
- Wood Village Baptist Church: 23601 NE Arata Rd., Wood Village. Monday through Friday, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. through August 12th
Agencies, Community Organizations and Restaurants
Information may change so please check their websites if a link is provided.
C3 Pantry (NE): 6120 NE 57th Ave., Portland. Tuesdays, doors open at 11:30am, shopping is 12-1pm.
Crossroads Food Bank (NE): 2505 NE 102nd Ave., Portland. Thursdays 9 a.m. to noon and Saturdays 10 a.m. to noon.
Faithful Savior Lutheran Church (NE): 11100 NE Skidmore St., Portland. Food pantry Saturday, July 23rd from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Dawson Park, 1 N Stanton St. Every 1st Tuesday from 10am to noon
- Victory Outreach, 16022 SE Stark St. Every 3rd Tuesday from 10am to noon
- Kenton Church, 2115 N Lombard St. Every 4th Tuesday from 10am to noon
- East Portland Community Center, 740 SE 106th Ave. Every 2nd Wednesday from 9am to 11am