Number of Pages:
Minimum grade level:
Spoiler alert! Some of the questions contain key elements of the plot. Do not read if you don't want to know what happens!
- Ant keeps a journal of letters to her "real" parents. Have you ever kept a journal written to someone else?
- Why is Harrison one of the few people Ant is truthful with?
- Do Elizabeth and Kate think they are better than Ant?
- Just Carol expects Ant to tell her the truth. Why does Ant tell her the truth when she isn't honest with others?
- Why does Ant want to go to the Math-a-thon? Why doesn't she invite her dad?
- Ant is constantly fighting with her Mom. Do you think she really wants to?
- Why does Ant lie?
- Do you think Ant should be able to return to the zoo?
- How do you think Ant's relationships with her family will be after the end of the story?
- Would you recommend this book to others?
Salami sandwiches- Ant's family says Harrison smells like salami sandwiches. French apple pie- Ant and Harrison make this pie for Just Carol.
Created in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.