Number of Pages:
Minimum grade level:
Spoiler alert! Some of the questions contain key elements of the plot. Do not read if you don't want to know what happens!
- Wallace Wallace says, "For me, honesty wasn't just the best policy; it was the only one." How did Wallace come to this decision? Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
- Why is Wallace Wallace a football hero? Does he deserve his reputation?
- Why are Wallace and Cavanaugh ex-best friends?
- Wallace says about Old Shep, My Pal, "The dog always dies. Go to the library and pick out a book with an award sticker and a dog on the cover. Trust me, that dog is going down." Have you read any books that fit this description? What did you think of them?
- Why doesn't Mr. Fogelman accept Wallace's book reviews? How does he change as the book progresses?
- What kind of person is Trudi Davis? Do you know anyone like her?
- Parker Schmidt writes several articles about Wallace for the school paper. What are his articles like?
- What does Rachel think of Wallace when he first comes to play practice? What finally convinces her that he is not trying to sabotage the school play?
- At the end of the book, Wallace actually tells a lie. What is it? Why does he lie?
- Why does Dylan try to sabotage the school play? Did you predict that he was the culprit?
Created in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.