Number of Pages:
Minimum grade level:
Spoiler alert! Some of the questions contain key elements of the plot. Do not read if you don't want to know what happens!
- How do the people of Saitter treat Tiger Ann's parents? How does Tiger Ann respond to the way her parents are treated?
- What conflicts does Tiger Ann feel regarding her friends and family members? How does she cope?
- How do the kids at school treat Tiger Ann? Does she care?
- At what point in the story does Tiger Ann decide to say with her parents rather than live in Baton Rouge with Aunt Dorie Kay?
- What causes Tiger Ann to make that decision? Why does Dorie Kay consider this to be a sign that Tiger Ann is growing up?
Portions of this discussion guide are credited to the Random House BookNotes Teacher's Guide.
Created in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.