How to view fines and charges
Click on the Fines link under My MCL to see what fines and fees are on your account. If you have a question about charges, please contact Account Services at 503.988.5342 (choose option 2).
You can renew most items, if no one else is waiting for them. To avoid fines, renew before the due date.
How to pay
Log in to the Classic Catalog to access your account. Visa and Mastercard are accepted. If you have a question about any charges, please contact Account Services at 503.988.5342 (choose option 2) before you pay online.
Call Account Services at 503.988.5342 (choose option 2) during Central Library's operating hours.
Visit any library location (cash, check, Visa or Mastercard are accepted).
Send a check, payable to:
Multnomah County Library
PO Box 6997
Portland, OR 97228
Types of charges
Items that are returned after the due date will be charged a fine.
- 25 cents per day
- Maximum per item per renewal period: $10
Children's and young adult items:
- 10 cents per day
- Maximum per item per renewal period: $5
More on charges:
- Items that are not returned to the library will be billed to your account.
- Items that are not returned in good condition may add charges to your account.
- Some library services may have an additional charge.
- Please pay charges promptly. Unpaid charges may be turned over to a collection agency.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a transaction fee to pay online?
The library does not charge a transaction fee.
Is there a minimum amount required to pay online?
You must have a balance of at least $1.01 to use the online payment option.
Is my online payment secure?
Yes. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, a standard supported by most major Internet browsers. All of your personal and card details are protected.