Number of Pages:
Minimum grade level:
Spoiler alert! Some of the questions contain key elements of the plot. Do not read if you don't want to know what happens!
- While reading the book, did you find any similarities between Lak and Askew? Are their journeys parallel in any way?
- Describe Alli's character. What role does she play in the novel? Is it an important one? How do you think the novel would be different without her?
- What significance does the Wilderness have in the novel?
- Describe the connection between Kit and his grandfather.
- Both Kit and Askew see the dead. What is your opinion about seeing ghosts?
- Describe Askew. What type of person is he? Does his family play an important role?
- What do you think of the ending?
- Of what importance, if any did the dead children from the Stoneygate disaster play?
- Askew is branded a "bad child." What do you think about that label?
Created in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.