Number of Pages:
Minimum grade level:
- Look at the title of the book. Who do you think the author is referring to as The Killer? Is this significant?
- What makes David so uneasy about going to live with his Aunt and Uncle? What are some of the things that caused those feelings?
- What do you think of Raina as a character? Where do you predict their relationship going, if anywhere?
- What prevents David from looking at Raina as a prospective girlfriend? Do you think he will ever get over that feeling?
- When David first meets Frank Delgado, he is almost certain he is a skinhead. What makes David stray from that belief? Did you think they would become good friends? Why?
- What do you think motivates Lily to play nasty pranks on David? Does her plan work?
- Do you think it happened by coincidence that David ran into the fire incident? If not, What do you think led him to save Lily's life?
- Do you feel hope for the characters at the end of the book? Why or why not?
Created in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.