Loan periods, limits and returns
You may borrow a variety of materials from the library. You may have a total of 15 DVD checked out at one time. You may also have 15 music CDs and 15 other CDs checked out at one time. You may have 2 Lucky Day items checked out at one time.
Because there many types of media and media players, and library items are heavily used, the library cannot be responsible for any damage to personal equipment.
Return items to any Multnomah County Library location. All libraries have book drops and materials can be returned seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Items that are returned after the due date will be charged a fine.
Get a list of checked-out items and due dates
- Online at My MCL (24 hours a day).
- On your phone or handheld device with the library mobile app.
- Call Account Services 503.988.5342 and choose option 2 during Central Library's open hours.
- Call Automated Account Services at 503.988.5342 (24 hours a day).
- Visit any library location.
Placing a hold
Your library is as close as your mailbox with Multnomah County Library's Books by Mail service. Videos, books and more can be sent directly to your doorstep for $3 per item.
If the item you are looking for is not owned by the Multnomah County Library system, it may be possible to get it from another library system through the library's Interlibrary Loan service.