Number of Pages:
Minimum grade level:
Spoiler alert! Some of the questions contain key elements of the plot. Do not read if you don't want to know what happens!
- Is coming into contact with Curt good or bad for Troy? Or does it make any change at all?
- What did you think of Troy's relationship with his father? With his brother?
- Did these relationships influence Troy's other relationships? If yes, how so?
- Was Troy real to you?
- What was your first reaction to Curt? Did you change how you felt about him?
- Why do you think Curt was so popular with the other kids?
- Why did Troy do whatever Curt said?
- What did being in the band mean to Troy? What did performing mean to Troy and to Curt?
- Several of the characters experience change in this book. What were some of those changes? Which ones seemed the most significant to you?
- What do you think happens to Curt and Troy after the book ends?
- Sometimes characters in young adult books get into trouble because they don't do the things adults want or expect them to do. Troy always tries to do what his dad tells him to do. Does this cause problems for Troy?
If you liked this book try
- Fat Boy Swim by Catherine Forde
- Jake Reinvented by Gordon Korman
- The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things by Virginia Mackler
- how i live now by Meg Rosoff
- Be More Chill by Ned Vizzini
Little Debbie Snack Cakes, french fries with ketchup, Ho Hos
Created in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.