Did you know that the federal government wants to award at least 23% of the $500 billion it spends annually to small businesses? In addition to the 23% goal, there are additional targets for disadvantaged, woman-owned, HUBZone and service disabled veteran owned small businesses. This workshop will cover federal certification eligibility requirements, certification benefits as well as the process of how to get certified. Topics include:
- What is a small business?
- Small Disadvantaged Business/8(a) Certification
- Woman Owned & Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business Certification
- Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Certification
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business – Self Certification
- How to get certified
- Resources available to you
Join the Portland District of the Small Business Administration at this workshop to learn if government contracting certification is right for your business.