This event is part of a series that has 9 sessions. Registration must happen before the start of the first session and you will be registered for the whole series.
- Thu, Nov 07, 2019 - 5:30 to 7:30
- Thu, Dec 05, 2019 - 5:30 to 7:30
- Thu, Dec 12, 2019 - 5:30 to 7:30
- Thu, Jan 16, 2020 - 5:30 to 7:30
- Thu, Jan 30, 2020 - 5:30 to 7:30
- Thu, Feb 13, 2020 - 5:30 to 7:30
- Thu, Feb 27, 2020 - 5:30 to 7:30
- Thu, Mar 05, 2020 - 5:30 to 7:30
- Thu, Mar 19, 2020 - 5:30 to 7:30
This nine-part training series analyzes the Seven Essential Life Skills outlined in Ellen Galinsky's book Mind in the Making. This series shares the most recent research findings on the skills that support children's success in school and life. Through in-depth study and an engaging and interactive facilitated learning process, participants will critically examine how to support the early development of children in their lives. The Seven Essential Life Skills are Focus and Self-Control, Perspective Taking, Communicating, Making Connections, Critical Thinking, Taking on Challenges and Self-Directed, Engaged Learning.
Participants should plan on attending all nine sessions. A certificate will be given at the end of the last session for all training hours.
Set 3, Core Knowledge Category: HGD
Please find other arrangements for children – these are adults-only workshops.
Anyone arriving more than 15 minutes late is welcome to stay, but will not receive a certificate of attendance for that session.