Beginning May 13, 2019, we are upgrading the software that helps run the library. This update will make using the library even better for you and more reliable for us. The library is making this update to continue to provide the best possible service to our patrons.
We look forward to bringing you:
- Modernized software that enhances library services
- Improved email, text message and phone notifications
- Improved online searching for periodicals and magazines
- Better self-checkout stations
During this transition, there will be an impact on some library services. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We are replacing the system that currently provides the Classic Catalog. If you use the Classic Catalog, you will need to sign up for My MCL by May 13. This will let you continue to access your account and the library catalog. Here’s how:
- Create a My MCL account. Here’s a helpful guide.
- If you were using Classic Catalog, your borrowing history will also be visible in My MCL once you create an account.
- You can also import your reading lists from Classic Catalog.
- Patrons who have been using My MCL should not be affected.
Other limited impacts
- Beginning March 1, patrons will not be able to suggest new purchases for the library. This service will return after the work is complete.
- Phone renewal will not be available May 13 -15.
- Temporary reduction in some library programming and availability of meeting rooms.
- Online renewals will not be available May 13-15. Fines will not accrue during that time.
Need help? Contact us.