3M Cloud Library is a collection of e-books that can be downloaded and read on a variety of devices such as PCs, laptops, tablets, e-readers, and mobile devices.
To access 3M Cloud Library, you will need:
- A valid library card and pin (password).
- Access to the Internet.
- The 3M app for the device on which you want to read your 3M books.
- A valid email address so you can be notified when your titles are available for download.
Step 1: Download the app.
Download the 3M Cloud Library App from the Apple App Store, Google Play, NOOK Storefront or install the PC or Mac 3M Cloud Library Apps. You can find more details on the 3M Cloud Library support page.
Step 2: Log into the library
From the 3M Cloud Library app, use the drop down menu, select the state, Multnomah County Library and enter your library card number and PIN (password). Click agree to terms and log in.
Step 3: Browse, check out and read.
- You can check out ten titles at a time. You can also have up to ten titles on hold.
- Check out time is 21 days. You can return early unless you are using the PC or Mac apps. You can find more details on the 3M Cloud Library support page.
In the 3M Cloud Library app:
You can browse for titles from the Shelves and Categories OR search for titles and authors using the search box. Find a title and check out or place a hold.
In My MCL (the library catalog):
Titles are available to search and check out from the library catalog.
- Search by title, author or subject
- Search for ‘3M Cloud Library’ as an author and find a list of titles to browse.
- From the catalog results, you can check availability.
- If the title is available, check out by clicking on Request this Download..
- Your 3M Cloud Library titles will appear on your list of checked out items.
- The expiry date will be shown.
- You will not be able to renew 3M Cloud Library titles.
- You can place a hold from the catalog if the title is not currently available. Click on Request this Download to place a hold.
- Items placed on hold will appear in your hold list when logged into My MCL. These items do not impact your hold limits on physical items. You still get 15 holds on physical items, plus 10 holds on 3M Cloud Library titles.
In Classic Catalog:
Search: When searching in Classic Catalog, 3M Cloud Library titles are displayed. To check out or place holds, follow the link to the 3M Cloud Library website.
Check out and Holds: 3M Cloud Library items will not be displayed in your Items currently checked out or requests (holds) lists in Classic Catalog.