Number of Pages:
Minimum grade level:
Spoiler alert! Some of the questions contain key elements of the plot. Do not read if you don't want to know what happens!
- How does Megan find the feral cats in the field? Why does she decide they need to be rescued?
- Have you ever rescued or adopted a stray animal? Do you know of any organizations like the Humane Society or Feline Friends that work with stray and feral animals?
- What kind of person is Shane Turner? How has he managed to fool his sister and Brice Colby?
- Why does Shane steal the money from Brice Colby? Do you think there are other ways he could have gotten the money?
- Describe Lacey Wilcox. How is she different from her siblings?
- Lacey tells her sister Danielle, "Just admit you were wrong, apologize, and promise you won't ever do it again." Does she follow her own advice?
- Why does Lacey leave the scene of the accident? What would you have done in her situation?
- Megan doesn't show anyone the note she found in the field. Do you think this was a good decision? Why or why not?
- When does Megan discover that Shane was pretending to be Brice Colby? Do you think she could have figured it out earlier?
- Megan is smart and resourceful. Name some of the good decisions she makes after she is kidnapped by Shane. How would you react in her situation?
Created in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.