You can donate materials, in good condition, to the Friends of the Library for their semi-annual Used Book Sales and Friends Library Store. You can also bring up to two boxes of materials to your neighborhood library.
If you have more than two boxes, bring them to The Title Wave Used Bookstore at 216 NE Knott Street. Use the delivery driveway east of the store and ring the buzzer. Title Wave donation hours are Monday–Friday, 8am–4pm. If you would like the Friends to pick up your donation, please call 503.988.6191.
Friends of the Library accepts
- Paperback fiction
- Hardback fiction less than 10 years old
- Paper and hardback classics (nominated or award-winning authors)
- Paper and hardback nonfiction
- Encyclopedias less than 10 years old
- Audiotapes, CDs, and DVDs, videos, sheet music and maps
They do not accept
- Torn, dirty, or smelly books
- Books with excessive writing or underlining
- Magazines or Reader's Digest condensed books
- Computer books more than 2 years old
- Encyclopedias and reference books more than 10 years old
- Textbooks more than 4 years old