Number of Pages:
Minimum grade level:
Spoiler alert! Some of the questions contain key elements of the plot. Do not read if you don't want to know what happens!
- Describe Sundara. What kind of a person is she?
- What is Sundara struggling with? Does she seem to have much control over her future?
- What do Jonathon and Sundara like about each other?
- How do some of the other kids at school treat Sundara?
- What do you think it would be like to leave your parents and your home to come to a new country? Have you or someone you know ever experienced this?
- Why do you think Sundara's family is so strict?
- In many countries of the world, people do not pick their spouses. They are arranged by family instead. What are some of the advantages for this? What are the disadvantages? Would you ever want your marriage to be arranged?
- Jonathon tells Sundara that she is brave. How is she brave? What consitutes bravery for you?
- What does the title of this book mean?
- What do you think might happen to Sundara in the future?
Created in part with funds granted by the Oregon State Library under the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Oregon State Library.