Last month we told you about resources for families this summer. And now we’d like to highlight a few of our favorite outdoor activities that we think you may enjoy:
- Gateway Discovery Park: Art and cultural activities will be hosted all summer long at this East Portland park.
- Gresham Japanese Garden: A beautiful Japanese garden to visit, plus they are holding many events this summer.
- Interactive Fountains and Splash Pads: Portland Parks and Recreation hopes to have it’s fountains and splash pads open this summer and it’s a great way to beat the heat!
- Local guidebooks: Check out a guidebook on exploring the area with kids.
- Harper’s Playground: Find inclusive playgrounds for all abilities around Portland and beyond.
- Mike Bennett's A to Zoo: Wonderful outdoor art displays that bring fun and education to the whole family. Currently they can be found in NE Portland.
- Mural map: Three maps of Portland’s Street art: a walking map of the Alberta Arts District; a biking map of the Central Eastside Industrial District; and an all-city highlights map.
- U-pick farms: U-Pick farms in Portland and Multnomah County, sorted by county.
- Walking with Ramona: Do you love Ramona Quimby? Well you can walk in her shoes with this walking map of Ramona’s neighborhood.
- Walks around Portland: Portland Bureau Of Transportation’s has many suggested walks, including one that goes to the North Portland Library. And there are also ones for bikes!
This article was written for our Family Newsletter, brought to you by Home Learning Support and available in English and Spanish. Please sign up here and you can email us at email@example.com with any questions.