New federal Emergency Broadband Benefit program offers low-income consumers discounts for high speed internet or laptops and other devices. If you live in Multnomah County, you could get:
- Up to $50 per month for internet service
- $100 to buy a new laptop, desktop computer or tablet through a participating provider
Find out if you qualify
You qualify if your household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines.
Qualifying income levels:
|Number of people in household||Income|
For each additional person, add $6,129.
You may also qualify if you or a member of your family:
- Gets free or reduced-price school breakfast/lunch.
- Lost income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Received a federal Pell grant for 2021.
- Meets other criteria.
- AT&T: 800-331-0500
- Comcast Xfinity: 800-934-6489
- Comcast Internet Essentials: 855-846-8376
- Human-I-T: 888-391-7249
- T-Mobile: 800-866-2453
- Verizon: 800-922-0204
- Ziply Fiber: 866-699-4759
If you need help, visit your library or call:
- Multnomah County Library: 503-988-5123
- Emergency Broadband Support Center: 833-511-0311
- Community Information Center: call 211
- Portland Customer Service Program: call 311