MHCC Head Start and Early Head Start have over 900 openings for the 21/22 School Year!
They provide FREE services to pregnant women and families of children ages birth to 5 who reside in East Multnomah County, outside of Portland Public Schools.
Home Based Program:
- For pregnant parents and children 0-5 years old
- Provides weekly home visits with a childcare provider
- Focuses on connecting with little ones and parenting skills
- For Children 2-5 years old
- Ranges from 3.5 – 7 hours per day, 2-5 days a week
- Learn-by-playing approach builds social and emotional development
- For children 6 months - 5 years old
- Ranges from 8.5 -10 hours per day
- Offers year-round coverage
Families who are eligible:
- Receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income, or
- Are homeless, or
- Have an income below the federal poverty guideline, or
- Have a child in foster care
*Additional Eligibility Requirements for Full-Day Childcare:
- Family must be working and receiving childcare subsidy, or
- Be an MHCC Student taking 9 credits or more
Ready To Apply? Call the main office at: 503-491-6111 or click here.