Tuesday, March 17, 2020
All Multnomah County libraries are closed until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Do not return library materials. Book returns are closed.
- You will not be charged for late returns.
- Your holds will stay on the shelf.
- No new holds can be placed on physical items while the library is closed.
- We encourage patrons to use digital library resources during the closure.
- We are adding more services as we are able. We are not able to mail books right now.
The library is acting under direction and guidance from the Multnomah County Health Department, the Oregon Health Authority, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
"The unprecedented nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and the real threat to the health and safety of our families, friends and neighbors requires swift and dramatic action. Sadly, the action we must take to help stop the spread means that people will lose access to library spaces until public health officials advise that it’s safe for the public and library staff to resume our work." — Vailey Oehlke, director of libraries
Multnomah County Library will continue to monitor the guidance of public health authorities and provide support to those efforts in every way possible. The library will post any updates to this site.
Please check Multnomah County's COVID-19 page for updated information and resources.