Ben Franklin was always thinking and exploring new ideas. He was a practical man who invented things that helped make life better.
1. His kite flying experiments to study lighning and electricity are still famous today.
2. He was the first person in America to invent a musical instrument.
3. Lightning rods are still used today on buildings and houses.
4. Bifocal glasses allow people to use just one pair of glasses to see thing far away and close up.
5. The Franklin stove kept houses warmer and used less wood than fireplaces.
Ben Franklin invented or improved many other things as well. He never patented any of his invetions or made money from them.
If you want to discover more about Ben Franklin and his inventions watch this